- Fascinating Night Tours
- Historical Day Tours
- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Official Opening and Blessing of Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- School Tours of Melbourne General Cemetery
- Official opening of the refurbished Boyd and Renowden Chapel Complex
- Community comes together to remember their loves ones
- Events calendar
- Presentations, Tours and Facilities
- Open House Melbourne 2018
Sorrento Public Cemetery
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Public Cemetery (SPC).
SMCT is proud to now have nine cemeteries within its care and management.
SMCT are currently working through a transition period with the SPC management team, with a full handover of operations expected to be effective 1 March 2018.
Established circa 1886, SPC has an entrenched and valuable heritage that is balanced with a commitment to meet the future needs of the community. Notable interments include Federal Senator John Button, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Victoria, Vin Heffernan, actor Sophie Heathcote and Dame Zara Bate, the wife of former Prime Minister of Australia Harold Holt.
SMCT is committed to ensuring that SPC operations continue with the same compassion, empathy, dedication of purpose and pride as the existing sites within our care.
Public Notice - Proposed name change
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust is seeking community feedback for the proposal to rename ‘Sorrento Public Cemetery’ as ‘Sorrento Community Cemetery’.