- Fascinating Night Tours
- Historical Day Tours
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Official Opening and Blessing of Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- School Tours of Melbourne General Cemetery
- Official opening of the refurbished Boyd and Renowden Chapel Complex
- Community comes together to remember their loves ones
- Events calendar
- Presentations, Tours and Facilities
In a world where change is constant, it is small gestures of kindness that make us uniquely human. Care, compassion
and community are the ordinary virtues that underpin a good society. The Autumn edition of Life focuses on our valued community.
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Cemetery (SC).
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was delighted to recently publish the booklet; Victorian War Heritage – The Rich War History of Springvale War Cemetery and Springvale Botanical Cemetery.
The witness cremation viewing room at the Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) crematorium was recently recently refurbished.
In early February this year, SMCT was excited to install two works from prominent Australian artists Greg Johns, At the centre (There is nothing) 2012 and Inge King, Jabaroo 1989 at Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP).
“The whole experience unravelled layer upon layer of thought and emotion and challenged to immerse myself in experience, to the point that I was a part of the story.
I loved the final act of giving, a beautiful way to finish!”
SMCT staff Activate Health program resulted in a Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’ category at the 25th National Safety Council of Australia (NSCA) Awards
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Public Cemetery.
Over 400 guests attended the 2017 Christmas Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park on 14 December.
The spirit of our first Christmas Carols on the Lawn echoed Brian Eno who said, “When you sing with a group of people, you learn how to subsume yourself into a group consciousness, because acapella singing is all about the immersion of the self into the community...[read more]
Over 500 guests attended the 2017 Children’s Christmas Remembrance Service held at Springvale Botanical Cemetery on 3 December.
This edition includes articles describing our activities and services that ensure we remain a constant advocate for the communities we serve, our people and our industry.
On the weekend of the Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 November, Spring sunshine greeted nearly 3,000 guests attending All Souls' Day services across four key sites of the Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) are proud that the Australian War Graves is located within the grounds of Springvale Botanical Cemetery. It is within these grounds that we co host the annual RSL Remembrance Day Service together with the Returned Servicemen’s League.
On 31 October, over 300 guests flocked to the iconic Melbourne General Cemetery to enjoy a night of mystery and history at the newly revamped Halloween night tours. The still evening air was given an atmospheric twist with the addition of actors playing special characters...
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust and Springvale Botanical Cemetery were proud to have hosted the End of Day Reflection Service on National Police Remembrance Day, Friday, 29 September 2017.
In keeping with our commitment to provide beautiful spaces in which to honour and celebrate life, the family witness cremation viewing room at the Springvale Botanical Cemetery crematorium has recently been refurbished and upgraded.
Understanding Grief: Touchstones in Hope and Healing, was designed to explain the touchstones specifically to grieving families and was delivered by Dr Alan Wolfelt to a capacity audience at The Centre for Care and Wellbeing.
We are delighted to share the recent announcement that Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) was runner up in the 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards.